Social Icons

Pages

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

PERFECT HUSBAND

Once a man was waiting for a taxi.

A beggar came along and asked him for some money. The man
ignored him. But being a professional, the beggar kept on
pestering him. The man became irritated when he realized
that the beggar would not leave him alone unless he parts
with some money.

Suddenly an idea struck him.He told the beggar, "I do
not have money, but if you tell me what you want to do with
the money, I will certainly help you." "I would
have bought a cup of tea", replied the beggar.

The man said, "Sorry man. I can offer you a cigarette
instead of tea". He then took a pack of cigarettes from
his pocket and offered one to the beggar.

The beggar told, "I don't smoke as it is injurious
to health."

The man smiled and took a bottle of whisky from his pocket
and told the beggar, "Here, take this bottle and enjoy
the stuff. It is really good".

The beggar refused by saying, "Alcohol muddles the
brain and damages the liver".

The man smiled again. He told the beggar, "I am going
to the race course.Come with me and I will arrange for some
tickets and we will place bets. If we win, you take the
whole amount and leave me alone".

As before, the beggar politely refused the latest offer by
saying, "Sorry sir, I can't come with you as
betting on horses is a bad habit."

Suddenly the man felt relieved and asked the beggar to come
to his home with him. Finally, the beggar's face lit up
in anticipation of receiving at least something from the
man. But he still had his doubts and asked the
man, "Why do you want me to go to your house with
you".

The man replied, "My wife always wanted to see how a man with no bad habits looks like."

0 comments:

Post a Comment